There are many types of programs for students interested in an experience abroad. These include:
- Exchange Programs:
- Regular exchange programs: For these types of programs, the student pays tuition only to Radford University and pays housing to the host institution abroad. All courses taken at these programs count towards the student’s GPA.
- ISEP exchange programs: For these types of programs, the student pays tuition, room and board to Radford University. The student does not pay anything to the host institution abroad. All courses taken at these programs count towards the student’s GPA.
- Faculty-led and Short-Term Programs: These programs are led by Radford University faculty and typically last between 2-4 weeks (although some can last longer). They are commonly held during summer time and often include excursions as a way to compliment the faculty lecture. All courses taken during these programs count towards the student’s GPA.
- Semester and Summer Programs: These programs are managed by other organizations and institutions. Radford University partners with some of these organizations and institutions in order to provide a wider portfolio of programs to our students interested in studying abroad. Costs are typically higher for participating in these programs and courses taken at these programs do not count towards the student’s GPA.
- Internships, teaching, researching and clinicals abroad: These programs require thorough coordinator with your academic department as they are individual experiences. The McGlothlin Center for Global Education and Engagement will help you throughout the process. Come see us for more details.
- Virtual Programs: These programs are for those students who are unable to participate on in-person programs aborad but would like to still benefit from the experience of collaborating with other cultures.
Radford University has direct-exchange programs with the following universities around the world. As an exchange student you’ll continue to pay tuition fees to Radford University. You’ll need to be nominated by the McGlothlin Center for Global Education and Engagment office in order to apply. Contact the Education Abroad Coordinator to get started.
- Monash University (Australia)
- Massey University (New Zealand)
- Universidad Rey Juan Carlos (Spain)
- Hanze University of Applied Sciences (The Netherlands)
- University of Kassel (Germany)
- Osaka University of Commerce (Japan)
- Kansai Gaidai University (Japan)
- Transylvania University of Brasov (Romania)
- University of Glasgow (UK)
- em-Lyon Business School (France)
- ISTC (France)
- Lyon Catholic University (France)
- Universite Catholique de l'Ouest (France)
Radford University is part of the International Student Exchange Program (ISEP) consortium. This membership allows access to our students to a wide portfolio of academic institutions worldwide. Feel free to take a look at the programs on the ISEP webpage. Kindly note that, while you will complete an application and other forms via the ISEP website, any questions or other support is provided by the Education Abroad Coordinator at Radford University.
In addition to Radford University's direct-exchange partner universities, students may choose to study, intern, or volunteer abroad through a third party provider. These provider organizations work closely with Radford University and universities abroad.
|Alaska||Spring Break 2022||Dr. Rhett Herman|
|Netherlands||Healthcare in the Netherlands||Spring Break 2022||Dr. Carey Cole|
|Ireland||Marketing and Management in Ireland||Summer||Dr. James Lollar and Dr. Danylle Kunkle|
|Peru||Radford Amazonian Research Expedition (RARE)||Summer||Dr. Stockon Maxwell|
|Paris and Amsterdam||Healthcare and Nursing||Spring Break||Dr. Jennifer Turner|
|China||Chinese Language and Culture||Summer||Dr. I-Ping Fu|
API Global Select
- Take online courses taught by international instructors from universities abroad
API: Virtual Short-Term Spanish Study with Universidad Veritas
- Begin or enhance Spanish language skills by taking an intensive, month-long virtual session with Universidad Veritas in San José, Costa Rica
- Earn 4 academic credits
- Courses offered
- Spanish Language (Beginning, Intermediate, Advanced)
- Spanish for Health Care Professionals (Beginning, Intermediate, Advanced)
- Spanish for Business
API: Virtual Short-Term Spanish Study with Universidad de Salamanca
- Begin or enhance Spanish language skills by taking an intensive virtual session with the Universidad de Salamanca in Salamanca, Spain
- Earn 2-3 academic credits for 2-week sessions; earn 4-6 academic credits for one-month sessions
- Courses offered
- Build Your Vocabulary, Communicative Activities, Contemporary Spanish Literature, Contemporary Spanish History, Conversation and Composition, Oral Skills Practice, Spanish Art, Spanish Culture, Spanish for Business, Spanish Language, Translation, Written Skills Practice
- Enroll in 1-2 online global health and medical Spanish courses from the International Center for Development Studies in San José, Costa Rica
- Earn up to 6 academic credits over 10 weeks
- Course offerings
- Intermediate Spanish for Health Sciences (pre-requisite: two semesters of university-level Spanish experience
- Health Care in Latin America (taught in English)
- Enroll in 1-6 online courses taught by USAC faculty based around the world
- Available Academic Pathways
- Intensive Language Courses (Chinese, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish)
- Global Perspectives on Health
- Global Perspectives on Culture and Society
- Introductory and lower-division courses