Campus Resources

Academic Support:

  • Office of Student Success (OSS): advances a student centered culture of individual success and academic persistence through collaborative and proactive initiatives. OSS provides support and guidance to students as they pursue their academic and personal goals. Contact OSS for assistance in developing success strategies such as time management and creating effective study schedules.

  • Registrar: Questions about classes, withdrawing/adding classes, academic calendar, etc. 

Emotional/Personal/Physical/Social Support:

  • Center for Accessibility Services: is committed to the ongoing goal of access and inclusion so that all individuals on campus can fully participate in the university experience.  CAS serves and supports students, family members and visitors seeking reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act.

  • Center for Diversity and Inclusion provides a concentrated focus on the progress, success and concerns of underrepresented populations on Radford University’s campus, including African-American, Asian-American, LatinX and Native American students. Additionally, CDI offers programming and resources for faith and religion interests and the LGBTQ+ community. Heth Hall 157.

  • Dean of Students: Personal Issues or concerns related to the ability to complete a course.

  • Office of Institutional Equity: Radford University is committed to providing an educational and work environment free from any discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy status, and veteran status.  The Office of Institutional Equity forwards and monitors the University's continuing commitment to equal opportunity compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972. 314B Tyler Place, 2nd Floor [Tyler Avenue next to Subway]. To report an instance of racial or sexual discrimination or harassment or sexual assault, CLICK HERE.

  • Safe Zone at Radford University is a collaborative effort among students, staff, and faculty to secure trustworthy allies and supportive, safe spaces on campus for students who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and questioning. Safe-Zone trained allies can be found across the campus and community, just look for their Safe Zone stickers.

  • Student Counseling Services can help with adjusting to college life, relationship or family concerns, anxiety, depression, eating disorders, and many other issues you may experience, including how to help a friend who is struggling. Tyler Hall Basement.

  • Substance Abuse and Violence Educations Services (SAVES): provides education, counseling, advocacy and support for students dealing with substance abuse or sexual violence. SAVES will also help students to help others who are struggling. Tyler Hall Basement.

Financial Support:

  • Career Closet provides professional business attire to Radford University students free of charge. Russell Hall 331 

  • Financial Aid Office

  • HEHROS Please contact HEHROS if you or a student you know is experiencing food or housing insecurity or if they are at risk for becoming homeless. 274 Heth Hall (Dean of Students). All correspondence with HEHROS is confidential.

  • Military Resource Center is here to serve student veterans, active military and reserve members, spouses, and military dependents.  We understand that you have unique needs and responsibilities, and we are here to support your academic efforts . Russell Hall, 4th Floor

Technology Support:

  • Contact the RU Help Desk with all issues relating to Browsers, connection concerns, internet speed issues, access to MyMedia or MyMedia related questions and general computer concerns: 540.831.7500 (hours of operation include 9-4 all days other than holidays)

  • Contact D2L Support for all issues involving D2L: Note, this is a 24/7 line: 540.831.7500 (option 3) 

Food Support:

  • The Highlander Pantry is available to all Highlanders - students, faculty or staff offering discreet access to free food items.

Located in Heth 243

  • Monday from 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.

  • Tuesday from 11 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.

  • Wednesday from 9 a.m. - noon and 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.

  • Thursday from 5 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.


  • Friday from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.


  • Student Health Services: Radford University Student Health offers a wide range of services in order to meet the medical needs of students who are currently enrolled on the main Radford Campus. 

Public Transportation:

Radford General Public Fare information:

General Public Fare: $1.00

Adults 65 and older: Free

Persons with disabilities and Medicare card holders: Free

Children 12 and under: Free (when accompanied by an adult).

RU ID Card Radford University Students, Faculty & Staff: Free with proper RU Identification is presented.

Transit Map

Emergency Resources:

I've had a personal set-back and need money quickly.

  • Parents or guardians can deposit money quickly into your RU Express account for use in a variety on on-campus and off-campus merchants

  • A limited amount of money is set aside by the University for short-term loans to students who have a temporary need for money to take care of expenses related to being a student at Radford ($250 Max). Learn more about the opportunity in the Office of Financial Aid

I have a family emergency and might need to leave school for awhile. What do I do? 

  • Work with the Dean of Students to see if a Leave of Absence will work for your circumstance. Once a Leave of Absence is secured, absence notifications are sent for non-academic reasons to assist a family during a rare and significant event or crisis in a student’s life. 

  • Speak with your advisor to see if an academic withdrawal would be an option for you. Note that students withdrawing from all courses during a given semester must also contact the Office of Student Sucess and Retention. Any student who withdraws from the university during a fall or spring semester must apply for readmission through the Office of the Registrar.