Highlander Distinction Scholarship Award Fact Sheet
As a scholarship recipient, you are encouraged to enroll in at least 15 credit hours per semester and are required to complete at least 12 credit hours each semester. Students who fall below 12 credit hours at any time will have their scholarship revoked.
The Highlander Distinction Scholarship will be applied toward the cost of tuition and mandatory fees.
- If you receive other tuition-specific awards, a decrease in the amount of your Highlander Distinction Scholarship may result. For example, if you are a military tuition stipend or academic common market tuition benefits, your Highlander Distinction Scholarship will be impacted.
- The annual amount of your scholarship award will be applied in equal installments prior to the beginning of fall and spring semesters.
- If at any time your residency changes and you are charged in-state tuition, the amount of your scholarship will be adjusted accordingly.
- If the full amount of the Highlander Distinction Program is not allocated to tuition and mandatory fee charges, the remainder will neither be refunded to you, nor will it roll over to future academic terms.
- The scholarship recipient is responsible for all costs of attendance not covered by the scholarship including: remaining tuition, fees, books, housing and dining costs, and personal expenses. If you have not yet applied for need-based financial assistance, please do so as soon as possible by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- At the end of the first academic year, and for each semester thereafter, you must achieve a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale to be eligible for renewal of the Highlander Distinction Scholarship. Additionally, you must remain in good judicial standing to be eligible for scholarship renewal.
- The Highlander Distinction Scholarship is reserved for undergraduate students at Radford University. Should you enroll in a professional sequence or any other program that will elevate you to postgraduate or graduate status, your award will immediately cease.
- Please note, your Highlander Distinction Scholarship may not apply to study abroad or to some internship experiences. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid with additional questions on applying aid to these experiences.
- As a Radford undergraduate student, additional donor-based support may be available through the Radford University Foundation. The application is available each fall semester for consideration of awards for the following academic year.
To accept the Highlander Distinction Scholarship, please confirm your attendance as outlined in your letter of admission. Confirmation of attendance reserves your scholarship. Please confirm your attendance as soon as possible but no later than May 1, 2022.
Questions can be addressed to the Radford University Office of Admissions at (540) 831-5371 or firstname.lastname@example.org or the Office of Financial Aid at (540) 831-5408 or email@example.com.