Dual Enrollment Programs

Eligible Dual Enrollment Programs

Students may enroll in a Radford University program at the Roanoke Higher Education Center or the New College Institute (NCI) in designated RU dual enrollment programs and be eligible to apply for financial aid.  Students must be admitted fully admitted to an approved dual enrollment program to be considered eligible for financial aid. Students will only be eligible for financial aid for the courses that are required for their Radford University program of study.

You can visit the Roanoke Higher Education Center to learn more about the programs offered for all degree programs,  as well as the New College Institute.

Application Process

Students should follow the same application procedures as those students attending classes on the Radford University campus. The same FAFSA priority filing date of January 15th will apply to all dual enrollment students.   Also students who plan to take Summer classes must file a Summer Financial Aid Application, available on your MyRU portal and this should be submitted by the priority filing date of March 1st.

Students who intend to dually enroll in another College's classes are required to submit additional paperwork if they want to include their these hours with RU hours for financial aid purposes. Students who have not been admitted into one of these programs are not eligible to receive financial aid for dual enrollment at another college.

Students who wish to take dual enrollment courses in the approved programs must submit the following information before the filing deadline dates and they must enroll for at least 3 hours at RU. 

Form Deadline Date
Form Description
Intent to Dually Enroll Fall Semester
     July 1
This form notifies the Financial Aid Office of the college and the hours that you plan to take at the other college.  It must be filed in addition to the Approval for Transfer Credit Form
Spring Semester      November 1
Summer Sessions
    April 1
Approval for Transfer Credit Fall Semester
     July 1
This form must be completed by your Advisor approving the coursework that you are taking at the other college.
Spring Semester
     November 1
Summer Sessions
     April 1
Course Withdrawal Form At the time of course withdrawal This form is used if you enroll for classes at another college, but have to withdraw or drop any of those classes.

Things to Remember about Dual Enrollment

  1. Students must pay tuition and fees required at the other college for their classes.  No arrangements will be made for RU to pay these charges with financial aid funds
  2. You must be enrolled for all classes that you intend to take for any semester by the end of the first week of RU classes.  Enrollment will be confirmed at this time with your dual enrollment institution(s).  Funds will be paid to students that have finalized their financial aid applications and registered for the appropriate classes beginning the second week of RU classes.  If students have altered the number of hours or classes that they are taking at RU or another college, your financial aid disbursement will be delayed
  3. Students that withdraw from their classes at the other college, must complete the Course Withdrawal Form and submit the form to the RU Financial Aid Office.  Withdrawing from classes may affect the student’s future eligibility for financial aid.
  4. Upon completion of the semester at the other college, the student must request that the Registrar’s Office at the dual enrollment college send an academic transcript to the RU Registrar’s Office