Graduate Students

The most important investment you can make is in your own future.  We understand your commitment to yourself and the financial obligations that often come with earning your master's degree or doctorate. The following information will acquaint you with the financial programs available to graduate students through the financial aid office. Also included in information regarding other types of graduate assistance that Radford University offers through various departments on our campus. We encourage you to review this information carefully soyou understand the programs for which you are applying. 

Applying for financial aid as a graduate student:

  1. Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at  
    1. As a graduate student, you are considered to be an independent student for financial aid purposes.  This means that when you complete the FAFSA your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) is based solely on your financial information, as stated in Higher Education Amendments of 1992.    
  2. Be sure to include the Radford University school code so that we receive a copy of your FAFSA.  Radford's School Code: 003732    
  3. Submit your FAFSA no later than June 30th to be considered for aid prior to the start of each fall semester.
  4. Watch for email messages to your account for any additional requests we may have regarding your application.

As a graduate student you should know...

To be eligible to receive any federal financial aid program assistance you must be enrolled in at least three hours per semester.  If at any point you are not enrolled for at least three hours you will become ineligible for aid in future semesters.

Graduate students who are admitted on a conditional or temporary status are only eligible to receive aid for one semester.  Any student who does not meet the conditions as outlined in the admission letter will not be eligible for aid until all conditions are met.

Graduate students enrolled in 9 or more hours per semester  are also eligible for consideration for graduate assistantships or fellowships.