Since 1996, the Radford Highlanders Festival has brought together thousands of festival-lovers of all ages for heavyweight games, music, entertainment, food and Celtic fun. There is no place more beautiful than Southwest Virginia in the fall and the Blue Ridge Mountains provide a beautiful back-drop for this popular festival. The festival is a partnership between Radford University and the City of Radford.
Vendor Application Process
Please complete the application online and send your payment and applicable documentation to the address listed below.
You may also print the PDF vendor application and mail it, along with your payment and documentation, to the address in the form. Once the application has been received and approved, you will be contacted. Payment is due at the time of application.
- Food Vendor applications must be returned by Friday, September 20, 2019.
- Merchandise Vendor applications must be returned by Friday, October 4, 2019.
Vendor Policies and Procedures
- Each space measures 15’ X 15’. Assignments will be made by the RHF committee.
- All vendors should be set up by 9 a.m. and expect to stay until 5 p.m.
- The Festival Committee cannot assume liability for loss, damage or injury.
- The Festival Committee reserves the right to reject applications, in which case your payment will be returned.
- Priority is given to Scottish, Irish, English, Welsh and Celtic merchandise and food.
- No refunds given after September 27, 2019.
- The completed application shall constitute the agreement to comply with all conditions.
- The Committee will work with vendors individually regarding any license requirements.
- Submit 1- 3 photos of display with you application (or email) for promotional purposes.
All food vendors must comply with Virginia Health Department regulations.
- Complete and submit the Temporary Event Application [PDF] form.
- Mobile units must be compliant with Virginia State Fire Safety Code. Please submit copy of paperwork and have stickers displayed.
- If you have an annual permit, please submit a copy.
If you do not have a current permit, submit check for $40 made payable to Radford City Health Department with your application.
Return all information to:
RHF Vendor Coordinator Donna Wolfe
Radford Parks and Recreation Department
200 George Street
Radford, VA 24141.
- Meals tax will be required.
Electrical service is available to some merchandise booths and food vendors on a first-come, first-served basis Access to these electrical facilities is an additional $25 to your booth rental. Please be sure to request electricity on your application so we may locate your booth accordingly. Early registration is encouraged due to a limited number of electrical circuits. Each vendor who elects to receive electrical service will receive: 1 – 120 Volt, 20 Amp Circuit with a duplex GFCT receptacle (2 plug-ins). Only one circuit will be provided per vendor. The maximum circuit available is 20 Amps. Receptacles will be placed close to the vendor’s booth, extension cords will not be provided and each vendor is encouraged to bring their own extension cords. Vendors must request and pay for electrical service at the time of application. If not, electrical services will not be provided.