Enterprise Vehicle Rentals
All vehicles rented from the Radford Enterprise branch must be picked up from the branch and must be returned to the branch with a full tank of fuel. Neither the Armstrong Complex nor Russell Hall (Admissions) are currently serving as a pickup or drop off location for rental vehicles and the Armstrong Complex is not currently re-fueling rental vehicles.
Radford University maintains a vehicle rental contract with Enterprise/National brands that includes local and national rentals for employees.
To reserve a vehicle, please use the Online Reservation System. To access the system, log into OneCampus and click on the "Rent a Car Enterprise eLink" Quick Link. Rental rates include Damage Waiver coverage. A Chrome River authorization number and Organization code are required when making a reservation. (If you are using grant funding to pay for your rental, please include the Fund code instead of the organization code.) Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for answers to the most commonly asked questions regarding rentals.
Contact the Radford Enterprise location at (540-731-3028) if you encounter any problems with the Online Reservation System.
Please be aware of and adhere to the following guidelines when renting vehicles from Enterprise:
- Vehicles returned to the Radford Enterprise branch after Noon (12PM) on Saturday will be billed through Monday when the branch reopens. To avoid additional weekend fees, travelers should consider renting and returning vehicles through the Christiansburg Enterprise location, which is currently open on Sundays from Noon (12PM) - 5PM.
- Return vehicles to the appropriate Enterprise branch location, on the day that the trip ends. Do not wait until the next morning or your department may incur additional charges.
- Employees should decline Liability Damage Waiver (LDW) and/or Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) insurance at the time of rental as these are provided by the state for domestic travel. Pre-paid fuel options should also be declined.
- Options- including GPS systems and Roadside Assistance Protection, are available to renters for business and/or personal charges, be sure that you have prior department approval for any business-related charges. See Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
- When returning the vehicle after hours, be sure to place keys in the drop box upon return. Failure to return the keys to the drop box can result in your department incurring additional charges.
- Make reservations at least 24 hours in advance to ensure that Enterprise can supply the correct class of vehicle.
- Make 12-passenger van and large SUV reservations at least two weeks in advance to ensure that Enterprise can supply the correct type and quantity of vehicles. Cancellation of 12-passenger van rentals require 48-hour notice or a $50 fee may be charged. All drivers of passenger vans must have completed the necessary Radford University Van Certification Course and be approved. See the Enterprise Rates and Restrictions and Frequently Asked Questions pages for more information on renting passenger vans.
- When making reservations, include the mobile number of the actual driver (not the department or office number) so that the driver can be contacted if issues arise.
- Students may utilize the University's contract to rent vehicles only if they are using the vehicle for official University business and must be at least 21 years of age. Employees must be at least 18 years of age. Employees may utilize the University's contract to rent vehicles for personal use but must not bill the University for the rental and instead pay with personal funds.
- Use these tips to conserve fuel: 1) Select the appropriate size vehicle for your needs, 2) Avoid quick starts or stops, 3) Don’t exceed the speed limit (use cruise control), 4) Remove excess weight from the vehicle, 5) Avoid idling. Enterprise sometimes offers an upgrade to a larger vehicle for no additional rental fee, especially if the vehicle class requested is not available. Please be aware that this upgrade can incur higher fuel costs as well as additional mileage costs.
Emergency Road Service 24-hour assistance: Enterprise 1-800-307-6666, National 1-800-367-6767.