CDI Mission Statement
We seek to explore and encourage diversity to promote a deeper understanding and appreciation for people from all backgrounds.
The Center for Diversity and Inclusion is a resource to all students, staff and faculty through a variety of programs, activities and services. We provide a concentrated focus on the progress, success and concerns of underrepresented populations on Radford University’s campus, including African-American, Asian-American, LatinX and Native American students. Additionally, we offer programming and resources for faith and religion interests and the LGBTQIA+ community.
We envision Radford University as a multicultural institution that provides a forward-thinking and progressive approach to social justice and equality. Through our commitment to educating students, staff and faculty on issues of diversity, we hope to promote global citizenry that will encourage the fostering of inclusive communities both on campus and in the world.
- To foster an inclusive and welcoming campus environment.
- To provide social and educational experiences for students, faculty, and staff that will enhance cultural experiences and encourage greater global citizenry.
- To have an actively engaged campus community that is aware of and appreciates multiculturalism and the multifaceted aspects of our identity that each of us brings to the table.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A safe and welcoming environment
- Engaging programming, events and speakers
- Social justice and diversity conversations
- Cultural excursions
- Student leadership opportunities
- Work-Study positions
- Computer Lab
- Multipurpose spaces - Lounges with large TVs, conference room and Student Leadership Office
- Laptop Loaner Program
- Free Printing
- Multipurpose Space Reservations
CULTURAL PROGRAMMING & HERITAGE CELEBRATIONS
- Lunch & Learn Sessions
- Hispanic Heritage Month
- LGBTQIA+ History Month
- Indigenous Peoples’ Month
- MLK Day of Service
- Black History Month
- Women's History Month
- Asian American and Pacific Islander Month
- Multicultural Congratulatory Ceremony
- Welcome Back Bash
- Feel Good Fridays: Self Care Awareness
- Love Out Loud Festival
- MLK Day of Service
- MLK Excursion