Welcome to the Center for Diversity and Inclusion (CDI).
CDI Mission Statement
We seek to explore and encourage diversity to promote a deeper understanding and appreciation for people from all backgrounds.
The Center for Diversity and Inclusion is a resource to all students, staff and faculty through a variety of programs, activities and services. We provide a concentrated focus on the progress, success and concerns of underrepresented populations on Radford University’s campus, including African-American, Asian-American, LatinX and Native American students. Additionally, we offer programming and resources for faith and religion interests and the LGBTQ+ community.
We envision Radford University as a multicultural institution that provides a forward-thinking and progressive approach to social justice and equality. Through our commitment to educating students, staff and faculty on issues of diversity, we hope to promote global citizenry that will encourage the fostering of inclusive communities both on campus and in the world.
- To foster an inclusive and welcoming campus environment.
- To provide social and educational experiences for students, faculty, and staff that will enhance cultural experiences and encourage greater global citizenry.
- To have an actively engaged campus community that is aware of and appreciates multiculturalism and the multifaceted aspects of our identity that each of us brings to the table.
CDI is located in Heth Hall, Room 157!
- Computer Lab and free printing
- Conference Meeting Room
- Meditation Room
- Student spaces (lounge and study areas)
- Laptop Loaner Program
- Diversity Resource Library
- Student Leadership Office
CDI SIGNATURE EVENTS
- Welcome Back Bash
- Martin Luther King Jr. week of events
- Love Loud Festival – an LGBTQ+ Celebration
- Cultural month dinners and celebrations
- Holiday Cheer
- That’s a Wrap End of Year Celebration
- Multicultural Congratulatory Ceremony