Artis College of Science and Technology
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Center for Information Safety and Security
- Biomedical Science
- Anthropological Sciences
- Biology Department
- Chemistry Department
- Department Name
- REALISE Students
- Department Name
- GIS Center
- Geospatial Science
- Forensic Science Institute
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- Radford University Planetarium
- Selu Observatory
- MS in Data And Information Management
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Department of Physics
- School of Computing and Information Sciences
Welcome to the Radford University Planetarium
We're Back!: We are able to re-open on a limited basis and ask for your patience as we start slowly over the next few weeks. We will have to follow some rules to protect everyone in these times. We will start with just a few shows per week, and evaluate things as we go along. For now, we will have shows Thursday at 7pm, Friday at 7pm, and Saturday at 10:30am. The first show will be on Saturday, October 17, at 10:30am.
In order to attend a show, it is required that you email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, the dates of the show that you would like to attend, and the total number of people in your group. This number can be from 1 to 10 people. We will have an absolute limit of 10 visitors per show, per state regulations. You must receive a confirmation email in order to attend any show. Please bring that email with you so we can verify that when you arrive (on your phone, with a printout, etc.). We will reply to all emails as soon as we can, with the show that you can attend. If we fill up the spaces for shows for the rest of this semester, we will post that here, and on the Planetarium Facebook page.
In order to make this happen, we need your assistance. Please be advised of the following:
- The Commonwealth of Virginia and Radford University have a masking requirement. Additional information is available at https://www.radford.edu/content/radfordcore/home/reopening/mask.html
- Radford University is requiring visitors to complete the Daily Symptom Tracking for COVID-19 Screening, which is available at http://www.radford.edu/symptom-tracker The screening should be completed for any and all days that visitors will be on-campus.
- Radford University is requiring physical distancing in any and all situations where possible. For the Planetarium, we can arrange seating so that families can sit with each other, but non-family individuals and groups will be seated with at least six feet of physical distancing. We will have available seats clearly marked.
- Radford University is advising anyone who is ill or feeling ill to remain at home.
- Radford University reserves the right to deny access to campus for visitors who have traveled out of state in the last two weeks, especially if the individual has traveled to a high prevalence area. (NOTE: Any out-of-state travel must be declared by visitors and documented on the Planetarium visitors' log.)
- Each visitor will be provided the following statement to sign: "I acknowledge that I have reviewed and understand Radford University’s expectations and the Commonwealth of Virginia’s requirements, including wearing a cloth mask, maintaining physical distancing, staying home if ill, etc."
We know this is difficult, but we ask for your patience and assistance as we attempt to navigate these challenging times.
- Location: Center for the Sciences room M75 (Main Street level). Enter through the doors from Parking Lot C. Click on the map for a larger image.
- All shows are free and everyone is welcome to come join us!
- Seating capacity: 55 visitors
- All shows include a tour of the nighttime sky using our full-dome projection system. Some shows will also have a full-dome, professionally produced show on an astronomical topic. The shows are described below.
- No reservations required for the Monday/Wednesday 4pm, and Tuesday/Thursday 7pm shows, or the Saturday 10:30am shows. However, if you have a group of 35 or more please email/call ahead (24+ hours) to be sure there isn't another large group coming for the same show.
- Parking for the daytime shows:
- There are 4 metered spaces in Lots C and B, next to the Center for the Sciences.
- There are also several metered spaces in the portion of Parking Lot A that lies directly between Martin Hall and Main Street.
- You can also pick up a free parking day pass by dropping by the Radford University Parking office in Heth Hall, or the Radford University Police Station (intersection of University Drive and Main Street).
- We have hearing-assist receivers for our sound system--please bring your own earphones (1/16 inch [3.5mm] stereo jack).
- No food or drinks allowed in the planetarium!