Artis College of Science and Technology
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Center for Information Safety and Security
- Biomedical Science
- Anthropological Sciences
- Biology Department
- Chemistry Department
- Department Name
- REALISE Students
- Department Name
- GIS Center
- Geospatial Science
- Forensic Science Institute
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- Radford University Planetarium
- Selu Observatory
- MS in Data And Information Management
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Department of Physics
- School of Computing and Information Sciences
Welcome to the Radford University Planetarium
Announcement: We are still closed for the summer due to the COVID pandemic. We are currently working on a plan to possibly re-open this coming fall. Please be patient as that takes time and a lot of planning, given the closeness of our seating. When information becomes available it will be posted here, and on the Planetarium Facebook page.
- Location: Center for the Sciences room M75 (Main Street level). Enter through the doors from Parking Lot C. Click on the map for a larger image.
- All shows are free and everyone is welcome to come join us!
- Seating capacity: 55 visitors
- All shows include a tour of the nighttime sky using our full-dome projection system. Some shows will also have a full-dome, professionally produced show on an astronomical topic. The shows are described below.
- No reservations required for the Monday/Wednesday 4pm, and Tuesday/Thursday 7pm shows, or the Saturday 10:30am shows. However, if you have a group of 35 or more please email/call ahead (24+ hours) to be sure there isn't another large group coming for the same show.
- Parking for the daytime shows:
- There are 4 metered spaces in Lots C and B, next to the Center for the Sciences.
- There are also several metered spaces in the portion of Parking Lot A that lies directly between Martin Hall and Main Street.
- You can also pick up a free parking day pass by dropping by the Radford University Parking office in Heth Hall, or the Radford University Police Station (intersection of University Drive and Main Street).
- We have hearing-assist receivers for our sound system--please bring your own earphones (1/16 inch [3.5mm] stereo jack).
- No food or drinks allowed in the planetarium!
Schedule a Group Visit
During the regular semesters special showings may be arranged for groups with a minimum size of 20. If you have a group that would like to visit the planetarium, please contact Dr. Rhett Herman at firstname.lastname@example.org (email preferred) or 540-831-5441. Please note that we will try to accommodate these requests based on our availability for the date and time requested.