Artis College of Science and Technology
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Center for Information Safety and Security
- Biomedical Science
- Chemistry Department
- Geospatial Science
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- Radford University Planetarium
- Selu Observatory
- MS in Data And Information Management
- Department of Information Technology
- Anthropological Sciences
- Biology Department
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Department of Physics
- GIS Center
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Forensic Science Institute
- Department Name
- REALISE Students
- Department Name
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Summer 2017 Intern - Security Engineer (Detection Team)
Location: Herndon, VA
Salesforce has one of the best Information Security teams in the world and growing this piece of the business is a top priority! Security is Salesforce’s number one value as a company. As a result, we have built a large-scale security monitoring infrastructure that collects, stores, and analyzes terabytes of data every day. We are looking for a savvy intern to help us manage and enhance our detection infrastructure and capabilities.
You’ll be leveraging your existing system administration, operations, and scripting/development skills and taking them to the next level in a world-class security environment. Salesforce collects, stores, and analyzes vast troves of security related data to support our incident response, security analytics, and threat intelligence teams. You will help us to do this better than ever.
You’ll help ensure the 24x7 availability of this infrastructure, supporting the rest of the team in their mission to detect and respond to security incidents. You’ll also develop new detection capabilities on this platform to enable us to better detect and respond to threats. Learn more.
- Installation, operation, monitoring, and troubleshooting of our security monitoring infrastructure.
- Working with other teams to install operating systems and support application updates, patches, version updates as required.
- Troubleshoot network or operating system issues/bottlenecks.
- Root-cause analysis acros multiple systems in a highly distributed global environment.
- Performing security analysis to identify security events of interest.
- Perform investigations into security events of interest to determine effectiveness of analysis rules.
- A strong interest in the information security threat landscape, including understanding of common attack methods and tooling and related detection/prevention strategies.
- Familiarity with Linux system administration.
- Scripting skills (i.e. Python/Perl, shell scripting) for automation.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, especially for documentation purposes.
- Large scale systems management experience (at least 250 servers).
- Exerperience with high speed packet capture and high capacity packet storage and searching.
- Experience in monitoring systems (log management, network security monitoring, health and alerting).
- Experience in Kerboros, SSO, LDAP authentication mechanisms.
- Experience with some or all of:
- Bro, Suricata, Snort, Sourcefire
- Lodash, rsyslog
- Kafka, Spark, Flume
- Splunk, Hadoop, ElasticSearch
- Salesforce.com and Force.com development
Internships at SalesForce
Futureforce is Salesforce’s global university recruiting program dedicated to attracting, retaining and cultivating next generation talent. Our interns and new graduates work on real projects that affect how our business runs, giving them the opportunity to make a tangible impact on the future of our company.
With offices all over the world, Futureforce recruits have the chance to collaborate and connect with fellow employees on a global scale. We offer job shadowing, mentorship programs, talent development courses, and much more.