Artis College of Science and Technology
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Biology Department
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- GIS Center
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Chemistry Department
- Radford University Planetarium
- Department of Physics
- Anthropological Sciences
- Selu Observatory
- Center for Information Safety and Security
- Department of Information Technology
- Forensic Science Institute
- Biomedical Science
- Geospatial Science
- MS in Data And Information Management
Booz Allen Hamilton
Wanted: Technology Wizard – Junior Full-Stack Developer
Change the lives of millions
Booz Allen Hamilton has been working closely with the smartest, most adaptive, most agile, organizations that exhibit a new way of working that enable them to keep the pace with change, harness complexity, and transform industries. We combine this knowledge with our tradition of excellence in over 100 years of consulting experience. The result is Booz Allen Digital. We’re a fast-moving consultancy, and we’re looking for a full-stack developer to help us build the tools to change the way people organize and work, forever.
Start-up mentality, depth of a giant
By becoming a ground-floor member of the development team, you’ll help establish tools and practices. Your creations will be used by some of the most influential organizations operating today. You’ll have the thrill of working in a startup environment from within the established support of a consulting giant.
How we’ll work and how you will fit
Each member of the team will be on equal standing with the user throughout the product development process – from conception, to build, to launch. Everyone will live and breathe prototypes. Everyone will meet with users. Everyone will witness user behavior. And the work will have impact.
Are you a Git aficionado? Do you have a favorite data store, front-end framework, collaboration style, tool, or method? Propose it! Rather than setting rigid requirements about which technologies are “corporate-approved” and safe-to-use, you’ll be given the freedom to choose the right tool to get the job done. We believe that an all-star technology team is capable of making rational decisions based on system-risk, ramp-up time, and ease-of-use, and that novelty will never trump utility.
You might be the right person for the job if:
- You’re versatile in front-end and backend development. You know when to go SQL, NoSQL, and graph.
- You’re a framework guru with a sharp point of view on AngularJS vs. React, Underscore, jQuery
- You believe in code so clean, it’s nearly self-documenting.
- You’ve built applications for web and mobile, and know how to design for each.
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering
- Understanding of Object Oriented Design and Development
- Knowledge of databases, both relational and NoSQL
- Knowledge of distributed systems and REST based web APIs
What you’ll do
- Implementing front-end prototypes used to validate product concepts, iterating on those that stick.
- Shaping backend connections (Go, Ruby, Node, Python, etc.) to those interfaces from product designs.
- Proposing tool chain standards and practices.
- Deploying code and creating hooks to keep things operational.
- Design cloud-based architectures and solutions for secure, highly scalable systems
Are you up for the challenge?
Jobs fill up fast at up-and-coming companies located in one of America’s most desirable metro areas. So don’t leave us hanging. Apply today by contacting Josh Boyd:
Josh Boyd, Senior Lead Engineer
Booz Allen Hamilton, Strategic Innovation Group | Digital