Artis College of Science and Technology
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Department of Information Technology
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Center for Information Safety and Security
- Biomedical Science
- Anthropological Sciences
- Biology Department
- Chemistry Department
- Department Name
- REALISE Students
- Department Name
- GIS Center
- Geospatial Science
- Forensic Science Institute
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- Radford University Planetarium
- Selu Observatory
- MS in Data And Information Management
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Department of Physics
RUSecure CTF Contest
These contests will challenge students in a wide variety of topic areas including anatomy of an attack, an introduction to networking, cryptography, forensics, web security, and Windows/Linux security. The Preliminary Round provides an opportunity for students to learn a great deal of material in a short period of time, motivated by challenges and supported by hints, videos, and other educational materials. The Qualifying Round provides an opportunity for students to test their mettle against their peers and continue to hone their skills. Earning their way to the on-campus Final Round should provide an experience they will never forget as they learn to construct a network and then defend it from expert penetration testers.
The contests are open to currently enrolled high school, home school, or community college students (U.S. students only). Teams registering for this contest must include at least three team members including the captain and must include a faculty or staff member as a coach. Teams are limited to at most five student members.
The annual RUSecure CTF Contests are divided into three parts:
• RUSecure CTF Preliminary Round – a three-month, online, virtual contest in the fall designed to help faculty educate their students on the fundamentals of cybersecurity. This event took place in the fall of 2019 and concluded on December 6th.
• RUSecure CTF Qualifying Round – a two-week, online, virtual contest in the spring where students test their mettle against the best of the best from Virginia and throughout the United States. This round takes place from February 24th at Noon until March 6th at noon.
• RUSecure CTF Final Round – a one-day, on-campus, contest in late spring where the best teams from the Qualifying Round compete for the title of RUSecure CTF Champion. This contest will take place in April. More details coming soon.
For more information, visit the RUSecure CTF Contest Site! https://rusecurectf.radford.edu/