Artis College of Science and Technology
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Biology Department
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- GIS Center
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Chemistry Department
- Radford University Planetarium
- Department of Physics
- Anthropological Sciences
- Selu Observatory
- Center for Information Safety and Security
- Department of Information Technology
- Forensic Science Institute
- Biomedical Science
- Geospatial Science
- MS in Data And Information Management
The Applied Research Center (ARC) at Radford University is a consortium that brings together students, faculty, and regional industry partners to explore emerging enterprise technologies. The ARC enables students to apply their skills and knowledge to solve industry problems while developing a strong network of industry contacts. This unique environment gives students the practical, hands-on experience they need to become data architects, information managers, and senior database administrators.
Not only do students learn emerging technologies in the field with practical, hands-on learning methods, they develop a strong network of industry contacts.
For corporate partners:
With rapid prototyping and evaluation of emerging technologies, corporate partners address their business challenges head-on and stay current to the newest developments in big data. They also get the opportunity to recruit and connect to some of the industry’s next top tech talents.
In the Applied Research in Technology and Information Science (ARTIS) Lab, an advanced, high-tech collaborative workspace, students work closely with faculty and industry partners to solve real problems. Projects typically involve:
- Rapid prototyping and evaluation of emerging technologies to assess scalability, performance, security, and resilience for enterprise-class systems.
- Practical, hands-on assessment of feasibility and cost benefit of emerging technology based on business needs.