Artis College of Science and Technology
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Biology Department
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- GIS Center
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Chemistry Department
- Radford University Planetarium
- Department of Physics
- Anthropological Sciences
- Selu Observatory
- Center for Information Security
- Forensic Science Institute
- Biomedical Science
- Geospatial Science
- School of Computing and Information Sciences
- MS in Data And Information Management
Accelerated Track for Radford University Computer Science Students
Radford has partnered with the Virginia Tech College of Engineering to help our students pursue an accelerated Masters of Engineering (MEng).
The goal of the program is to enable Radford undergraduate students to take courses toward a Virginia Tech MEng degree before completing their degree at Radford.
Participating Students can take up to 12 graduate credits deemed eligible for transfer to the MEng degree, beyond 120 semester credit hours required by Radfords undergraduate degree.
Note: There are limitations for double counting of graduate credit hours.
|Possible Scenarios for Double Counting of Graduate Credit Hours|
|Required Semester Credit Hours for Bachelor Degree||Maximum Allowable Graduate Credit Hours that can be Doubled|
|120 credits||0 credits|
|123 credits||3 credits|
|126 credits||6 credits|
|129 credits||9 credits|
|132+ credits||12 credits|
How To Apply?
Apply to Virginia Tech's Computer Science & Applications (CSA) Accelerated Undergraduate/Graduate program the 2nd semester of Junior year, by credit hours.
Contact Dr. Jeff Pittges in regard to the online application and fee waiver.
|Further application requirements|
Note: GRE Scores are not required to apply.
After submitting the application for submission:
- Complete and Submit the Accelerated Undergraduate/Graduate Status and Course Designation Form.
Students should complete the graduate courses they intend to transfer to Virginia Techa nd adher to the following to remain in good standing:
- Maintain an overall 3.0 or above GPA.
- A maximum of 12 credit hours may be double-counted (subject to credit hourse completed).
- Double count no more than 6 4xxx level credits.
- Earn a "B" or better in each course to be double counted.
- Not enroll in a pass-fail option for a course when a graded option is available.
|Radford University Course||Virginia Tech Equivalent|
|ITEC 541: Advanced Database Management Systems||CS 5614: Database Management Systems|
|ITEC 542: Data Warehousing, Mining, and Reporting||CS 5525/5xxx|
Not a Computer Science Major and Still Interested?
Non-computer science majors are still eligible to apply! Students who are not in the computer science major must complete the following courses before enrolling into graduate courses:
- ITEC 120: Principles of Computer Science I
- ITEC 220: Principles of Computer Science II
- ITEC 340: Database I