Artis College of Science and Technology
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Biology Department
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- GIS Center
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Chemistry Department
- Radford University Planetarium
- Department of Physics
- Anthropological Sciences
- Selu Observatory
- Center for Information Security
- Forensic Science Institute
- Biomedical Science
- Geospatial Science
- School of Computing and Information Sciences
- MS in Data And Information Management
Chemistry majors have a variety of career paths open to them, from industrial, academic, or governmental positions with their Bachelor's degree to further study in graduate and professional schools. Students can tailor their learning experience by choosing one of our six chemistry concentrations. All students earn a comprehensive education in analytical, biochemistry, inorganic, organic, and physical chemistry and can select from focused classes such as astro, environmental, forensic, green, medicinal, or polymer chemistry.
The department offers Bachelor of Science chemistry degrees with the following concentrations:
The Advanced Professional Chemist and Advanced Biochemistry degrees are American Chemical Society (ACS) accredited, ensuring that these majors provide the rigorous coursework and experiences necessary for today’s job market.
Section enrollments for introductory courses are capped at 24 students while higher level courses typically have lower enrollment limits to provide strong student-faculty interactions. Review sessions and outside classroom learning opportunities provide students additional exposure to material.
All students work closely with their individual academic advisor to plan the course of study that best suits their own career goals. You can find the Progress Sheets for each of our six concentrations here.
The department also offers a minor in Chemistry.
Requirements and other details of the Academic Program can be found in the University Catalog.