Artis College of Science and Technology
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Biology Department
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- GIS Center
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Chemistry Department
- Radford University Planetarium
- Department of Physics
- Anthropological Sciences
- Selu Observatory
- Center for Information Security
- Forensic Science Institute
- Biomedical Science
- Geospatial Science
- School of Computing and Information Sciences
- MS in Data And Information Management
Housed in the Biology Department, we are host to three stand-alone majors:
B.S., Biology major: Multiple pathways: health & biomedical; cell biology, genetics, molecular biology; ecology; wildlife, horticulture & forestry; teaching licensure. This major is offered at our main campus in Radford for all incoming students. Check out a 4-year plan.
B.S., Biomedical Science major: For those pursuing post-baccalaureate programs in medicine, dentistry, veterinary care, pharmacy, physical therapy, and more. Learn more at: BMS This major is offered at our main campus in Radford for all incoming students. Check out a 4-year plan.
B.S., Medical Laboratory Science major: 3 years of courses + 1 year clinical cohort for medical, veterinary, or research laboratory science; National Clinical Lab Sciences accreditation (NAACLS). Learn more at: Medical Laboratory Science This major is offered at our RU-Carilion campus in Roanoke and at our main campus in Radford. Check out a 4-year plan.
Certificate in Medical Laboratory Science: 1-year post baccalaureate program. This major is offered at our RU-Carilion campus in Roanoke and at our main campus in Radford.
Interested in pre-health? The Biology or Biomedical Sciences majors can accommodate the necessary courses for this! Visit our Pre-health advising website
Check out the University's 2023-2024 Catalog
Thinking about a minor in Biology?
- Students who wish to minor in Biology simply need to complete 24 credit hours of ANY biology courses. More REAL-developed minors coming soon!
- Ready to graduate? Applications for graduation and the petition to walk are found on the Forms page.
- For students interested in pursuing a teaching career in K-12 schools, please visit our Future Science Educators page for more information about course requirements and suggested classes at Radford University