Artis College of Science and Technology
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Biology Department
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- GIS Center
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Chemistry Department
- Radford University Planetarium
- Department of Physics
- Anthropological Sciences
- Selu Observatory
- Center for Information Safety and Security
- Department of Information Technology
- Forensic Science Institute
- Biomedical Science
- Geospatial Science
- MS in Data And Information Management
Students at Radford University can choose to major or minor in biology.
Those choosing biology as their major may select among five pathways/tracts to graduation:
- Environmental Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Visit our Pre-health advising pages HERE
- Medical Technology
- General Biology
Please visit our college's advising center web page for current progress sheets for any of these pathways.
Students in the 2017-2018 catalog and earlier are required to choose one of the above concentrations.
Students starting in the 2018-2019 catalog year no longer have the option to select concentrations in environmental biology, molecular biology, or pre-health. Instead, they can follow these same tracts, which include a list of suggested, but not required, biology electives. This allows for more flexibility in biology electives, so that students can work with their advisors to design the best-fit pathway through the major.
Ready to graduate? Your applications for graduation and petition to walk are found on the Forms page.
For those interested in pursuing a teaching career in K-12 schools, please visit our Future Science Educators page for more information about course requirements and suggested classes at Radford University.
Those who wish to minor in Biology simply need to complete 24 credit hours of biology courses.