Artis College of Science and Technology
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Center for Information Security
- Biomedical Science
- Chemistry Department
- Geospatial Science
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- Radford University Planetarium
- Selu Observatory
- MS in Data And Information Management
- Anthropological Sciences
- Biology Department
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Department of Physics
- GIS Center
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Forensic Science Institute
- REALISE Students
- School of Computing and Information Sciences
Students at Radford University can choose to major or minor in biology.
Those choosing biology as their major may select among four pathways/tracts to graduation:
- Environmental Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Visit our Pre-health advising website
- General Biology
Medical Technology is now a stand-alone major, Medical Laboratory Science
- Students in the 2017-2018 catalog and earlier are required to choose one of the above concentrations.
- Students starting in the 2018-2019 catalog year no longer have the option to select concentrations in environmental biology, molecular biology, or pre-health. Instead, they can follow these same tracts, which include a list of suggested, but not required, biology electives. This allows for more flexibility in biology electives, so that students can work with their advisors to design the best-fit pathway through the major.
- Ready to graduate? Applications for graduation and the petition to walk are found on the Forms page.
- For students interested in pursuing a teaching career in K-12 schools, please visit our Future Science Educators page for more information about course requirements and suggested classes at Radford University.
- Students who wish to minor in Biology simply need to complete 24 credit hours of biology courses.