Artis College of Science and Technology
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Center for Information Security
- Biomedical Science
- Anthropological Sciences
- Biology Department
- Chemistry Department
- REALISE Students
- GIS Center
- Geospatial Science
- Forensic Science Institute
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- Radford University Planetarium
- Selu Observatory
- MS in Data And Information Management
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Department of Physics
- School of Computing and Information Sciences
Biologists learn specific skills like DNA sequencing or field sampling techniques, but also acquire less tangible, but very marketable skills like written and oral communication of complex ideas, analytical thinking and problem solving. This qualifies biology students for many career possibilities, such as:
Agricultural research technician or agronomist - works to increase crop yields and farming efficiency.
Conservation officer - enforces wildlife and environmental regulations.
Elementary or high school science teacher
Environmental technician - collects information about natural habitats for industry or environmental regulatory agencies.
Fisheries biologist - works to increase fish populations in streams and lakes.
Quality control technician - analyzes industrial processes to increase product quality and process efficiency.
Horticulturist - produces plants for gardens, homes, and habitat restoration.
Doctors, dentists, veternarians, epidemiologists - prevent and treat disease.
Park ranger - monitor parklands and educate visitors about nature.
Medical laboratory scientist - perform analytical tests to diagnose disease.
Industrial scientists - create or evaluate pharmaceuticals, crop seeds and agricultural chemicals.
Environmental regulator - evaluate impact of industrial and public activities on ecological and human health.