Artis College of Science and Technology
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Center for Information Safety and Security
- Biomedical Science
- Chemistry Department
- Geospatial Science
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- Radford University Planetarium
- Selu Observatory
- MS in Data And Information Management
- Department of Information Technology
- Anthropological Sciences
- Biology Department
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Department of Physics
- GIS Center
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Forensic Science Institute
- Department Name
- REALISE Students
- Department Name
What is RU-ACES?
The Radford University Artis College Explorers of Science (RU-ACES) program is designed to provide new students a chance to build a social support structure with students from their own and other majors to help make that critical first year of college transition successful. The 2019-2020 academic year is the inaugural year of this program and it currently includes students from Biology, Chemistry, Geology and Physics. This new program is an extension of efforts already underway in the Artis College of Science and Technology associated with the REALISE (REALising Inclusive Science Excellence) grant from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute.
To help provide a welcoming and supportive experience, fun events and activities will be held throughout the semester.
The opening event will be held at the Selu Conservancy on Aug. 31.
Attendees will have an opportunity to complete an activity with each of the participating departments as well as participate in a low ropes course.
T-shirts, water bottles, and a pizza dinner will be provided for all participants.
Become a part of RU-ACES
What we need to know from you is if you would like to be part of the RU-ACES program your t-shirt size!
If you can take a couple of minutes to fill out this short survey, you will receive more information about this first event, as well as follow-up events!
We are looking forward to the start of the academic year and having a chance to directly interact with you as part of the RU-ACES program!
Dr. Tara Pelletier - Department of Biology
Dr. Sarah Kennedy - Department of Chemistry
Dr. Kristina Stefaniak - Department of Chemistry
Dr. Brett Taylor - Department of Physics
Dr. Jon Tso - Department of Geology