College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Women's & Gender Studies
- School of Communication
- Prelaw Advising
- Department of English
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
Sociology: Studying People, Society & Cultures
"It can be said that the first wisdom of sociology is this--things are not what they seem." -Peter Berger
"The difficulty, in sociology, is to manage to think in a completely astonished and disconcerted way about things you thought you had always understood." -Pierre Bourdieu
Sociology focuses on understanding the social and cultural aspects of human behavior at the local, national and global levels. At Radford University, we offer a major and minor in Sociology.
About the Department
News & Events
Sociology majors report on their recent internship experience
Radford University Carilion students conduct research in Roanoke
Congratulations to the Class of 2019!
The Department of Sociology gathered Wednesday for its annual awards banquet.
Sociology students present their work at the annual Student Engagement Forum
Dr. Bodenhamer presents black lung "Work in Progress"