College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Prelaw Advising
- Department of Political Science
- School of Communication
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Women's & Gender Studies
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Department of History
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of English
- SMART Lab
Dr. John Brummette, Lab Director, Professor in the School of Communication
Teaching and research interests: Public relations, crisis communication, issues management, organizational legitimacy, organizational values, social network analysis, activism and social capital.
Dr. Brummette earned a B.A. in Communication and Rhetoric from the University of Pittsburgh in 2001, his master’s degree in Corporate and Professional Communication from Radford University in 2003, and his doctorate in Communication and Information from the University of Tennessee - Knoxville in 2008. He taught at Lincoln Memorial University and worked as a community liaison for the Safety, Environment, and Education Center at UT-Knoxville. He was designated as a Legacy Scholar by the Arthur Page Society in 2014 and his research has been published in Journalism & Mass Communication Quarterly, Public Relations Review, PR Journal, PRism, Corporate Communication: An International Journal, The Journal of Social Media and Society, Journal of Communication Management, Health Marketing Quarterly and the Encyclopedia of Public Relations. He also serves on the editorial boards of the Journal of Public Relations Research and Public Relations Journal.
Terrance Schoefeld (Graduate Student)
Terrance is a graduate student in the Strategic Communication Master’s Program. Originally from Martinsville, VA, he earned a Bachelor’s degree in Communication with minors in Psychology and Sociology from Radford University. Terrance’s research focuses on media analytics and examining how sports teams and athletes use social media for marketing, branding, corporate advocacy, and promoting social justice issues.
When he is not working in the SMART lab or attending classes, he also hosts a sports show on Radford Free Radio.