College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Women's & Gender Studies
- School of Communication
- Interdisciplinary Humanities Research Lab
- Department of English
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- SMART Lab
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
- Wicked Festival
The Social Media Analytics and Research Technology Lab
Located in 3021 Hemphill Hall, the SMART Lab is an innovative learning space that is dedicated to providing student and faculty researchers the training and resources to conduct cutting edge research projects pertaining to social science. The SMART Lab provides research and data visualization resources to Radford University’s faculty, students, and staff, as well as businesses in the New River and Roanoke Valley communities.
The lab enables students to learn how to conduct research, collect data, and interpret results. Student researchers will also be given the opportunity to learn how to use social media listening and management programs used by Fortune 500 companies. These resources make data collection quicker and easier than ever! To learn more about the resources, click here.
If you are interested in becoming a researcher or learning more about the research process, please use the following link to set up a consultation with the staff in the SMART Lab: https://calendly.com/rusmartlab/consultation-appointment: and check out the Students tab to see how the SMART Lab can benefit your academics.
There are even more ways to learn about research at Radford University. Consider enrolling in the Digital Communication and Research Analytics Minor, which you can learn about here.
Check out what we're doing in the SMART Lab by following our social media pages.
Our Mission Statement
The lab’s mission is to enhance research at Radford University by;
- providing access to state-of-the-art software programs and technology that can be used for traditional and online data analysis and visualization;
- training faculty, staff and students to develop the skills and expertise required in today’s highly demanding social and professional environments;
- encouraging interdisciplinary research;
- establishing a network through which research findings that address the issues and needs of the Commonwealth are disseminated to the University and its external constituents.