College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Women's & Gender Studies
- School of Communication
- Interdisciplinary Humanities Research Lab
- Prelaw Advising
- Department of English
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- SMART Lab
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
The Undergraduate Major in Psychology is designed to provide a basic foundation for entry into graduate programs in psychology or education fields and careers involving human services or research. Department majors may earn either a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree.
Although there are no concentrations within the Major, there is flexibility within the major to allow you to emphasize course work suited to your career goals.
How does the Psychology Major work within the REAL General Edcuation Curriculum?
Within the REAL General Education Curriculum, the Psychology Major fulfills the following REAL areas:
R - Scientific and Quantitative Reasoning
A - Cultural & Behavioral Analysis
Detailed guidance for Psychology Majors on completing the REAL General Education Curriculum Requirements can be found HERE.
How can I get more information about the Major?
The Undergradaute Program Coordinator, Dr. Jeff Willner, would be happy to answer anyquestions you may have about the major.
Declaring Your Major
Just like everything else in college, becoming a psych major starts with paperwork; a Declaration/Change of Major/Minor form, to be specific. You will need to complete the form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The form and the directions for submitting it can be found HERE.