College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Prelaw Advising
- Department of Political Science
- School of Communication
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Women's & Gender Studies
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Department of History
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of English
Recent Happenings and Accomplishments
Recognitions and Awards
- Brennyn Polachek (2nd year student) recognized as 2019 Graduate Student of the Year by the Virginia Academy of School Psychologists.
- Alex Munsey (Alumni) recognized as the 2016 Graduate Student of the Year by the Virginia Academy of School Psychologists.
National Presentations/Posters (student names italicized):
- Cruz, M. and Hale, B. (Mini-Skills, February, 2019). Mindfulness-Based Supports: A Tool for Suicide Prevention and Intervention.
- Cruz, M., Dove, E. and Rich, C. (Mini-Skills, February, 2019). Practitioners Guide to Implementing Mindful Parent Training in Schools.
- Mesmer, E., & Mesmer, H.A. (Paper Presentation, February, 2019). Utilizing Reading Assessment Results: Identification of Target Skills and Interventions.
- Cruz, M. and Gardner, T. (Practitioner Conversation, February, 2018). Managing the Impact of Suicide: Suicide Clusters, Contagion and the Media.
- Mesmer, E., Jackson, C., and Bagnall, T. (Contributor) (Practitioner Conversation, February 2018). The Evolution and Practice of Curriculum-Based Assessment.
- Mesmer, E., Mabry, J., Cruz, M. and Dove, E. (Mini-Skills, February, 2018). Assessing SLD: Considerations for Data-Based and Ethical Decision Making.
- Nickerson, A., Cook, E., Cruz, M. and Parks, T. (Poster, February, 2018). PREPaRE School Crisis Training: What Predicts its Use in Practice?
- Cruz, M. and Gardner, T. (Mini-Skills, February, 2018). Now What? School Re-Entry Support Following a Suicide Attempt.
State and Regional Presentations:
- Mesmer, E, & Mabry, J. (September, 2019). Ethical Practice of School Psychology and Case Study Scenarios.
- Mesmer, E., Caughron, J., & Rich, C. (September, 2019). A Preliminary Analysis of School Psychologists Job Descriptions.
- Cruz, M. & Dove, E. (October 2018). Trauma Sensitive Schools.
- Cruz, M. (VDOE Aspiring Special Education Leadership Academy Panel, May 2018). Leadership Live: The Journey after ASELA (Cohorts I – V).
- Mabry, J. and Cruz, M. (November, 2017). Ethical Practice in School Psychology: Addressing Practice Challenges.
- Mesmer, E. and Dove, E. (November, 2017). Ethical Practice in School Psychology: Addressing Practice Challenges.
- Cruz, M., Mabry, J., Mesmer, E. and Dove, E. (September, 2017). The SLD Evaluation Process: Following Best Practice through Use of RtI and PSW.
Recent Research Activity, Publications and Grants:
- Mesmer, E. (accepted). Repeated Reading. Virginia Academy of School Psychology Newsletter.
- Nickerson, A. B., Cook, E. E., Cruz, M. A., Parks, T. W., & Cummings, K. (2019). Transfer of School Crisis Prevention and Intervention Training, Knowledge, and Skills: Training, Trainee, and Work Environment Predictors. School Psychology Review, 48(3), 237–250. https://doi-org.lib-proxy.radford.edu/10.17105/SPR-2017-0140.V48-3
- Woitaszewski, S., Crepeau-Hobson, F., Conolly, C., & Cruz, M A., (2018). Rules, Requirements, and Resources for School-Based Threat Assessment: a Fifty State Analysis. Contemporary School Psychology (Springer Science & Business Media B.V.), 22(2), 125-134. doi:10.1007/s40688-017-0161-y.
- Cruz, M. & Dove, E. (King Endowment Grant 2018-2019; Funding $13,500). Mindfulness-Based Parent Training.