College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Women's & Gender Studies
- School of Communication
- Prelaw Advising
- Department of English
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Department Name
Application deadline for Fall 2019 is February 1. Interviews for selected applicants will be held on March 4, 2019. Contact Dr. Mesmer (program coordinator) with any questions
Why Choose School Psychology at RU?
We are proud of our program and the opportunities we provide to our students.
- You’ll take assessment and intervention classes in cognition, academics, neuropsychology, and early childhood.
- We provide two counseling classes that will train you to work with individual students, small groups and to do crisis intervention counseling.
- Students are well trained in state of the art practices such as RTI and neuropsychological assessment and intervention.
- You will be in the going to the public schools in the first semester so you can start your hands-on training right away.
- We work with students that want to complete their third-year internship in their home state, increasing the likelihood that they will be offered a job there.
- Our faculty are school psychologists that have real life experience working in school districts.
- Student may earn both an Ed.S. Degree in School Psychology and an M.S. degree in psychology.
- We are one of the few programs that offer a Study Abroad option.
- We are fully approved by the National Association of School Psychologists and our graduates are eligible to apply to be a Nationally Certified School Psychologist.