College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Women's & Gender Studies
- School of Communication
- Interdisciplinary Humanities Research Lab
- Department of English
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- SMART Lab
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
- Wicked Festival
Faculty Profile: Dr. Michael Aamodt
Ph.D.: University of Arkansas
Areas of Research Interest: Police psychology, I/O psychology, Forensic psychology
- Aamodt, M. G. (2007). Letters of recommendation. In Steven G. Rogelberg, Editor, Encyclopedia of Industrial/Organizational Psychology. Newbury Park, CA: Sage Publications.
- Aamodt, M. G. (2007). Industrial/Organizational Psychology: An Applied Approach (5th edition). Pacific Grove, CA: Wadsworth Publishing.
- Aamodt, M. G., Surrette, M. A., & Cohen D. (2007). Understanding statistics: A guide for I-O psychologists and human resource professionals. Pacific Grove, CA: Wadsworth Publishing.
- Aamodt, M. G., & Custer, H. (2006). Who can best catch a liar? A meta-analysis of individual differences in detecting deception. Forensic Examiner, 15(1) 6-11.
- Nagy, M. S., Schroeder, B. W., & Aamodt, M. G. (2005). Educational training for master's degree programs in industrial-organizational psychology. The Industrial-Organizational Psychologist, 43(2), 89-96.
- Mitchell, H., & Aamodt, M. G. (2005). The incidence of child abuse in serial killers. Journal of Police and Criminal Psychology, 20(1), 40-47.
- Aamodt, M. G. (2004). Research in law enforcement selection. Boca Raton, FL: BrownWalker Press.
- Aamodt, M. G. (2004). Law enforcement selection: Research summaries. Washington, D. C.: Police Executive Research Forum.
- Aamodt, M.G., & Raynes, B.L. (2001). Human Relations in Business. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Publishing.Aamodt, M.G. (1999). Applied Industrial/Organizational Psychology (3rd ed). Pacific Grove, CA: Brooks/Cole Publishing.Aamodt, M.G., & Werlick, N. (2001). Police officer suicide: Frequency and officer profiles. In Shehan, D. (Ed.) Law Enforcement and Suicide. Quantico, VA: Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Aamodt, M.G. (2000). The role of the I/O psychologist in police psychology. Journal of Police and Criminal Psychology, 15(2), 8-10.
- Aamodt, M.G., Brewster, J., & Raynes, B. (2000). Is the police personality predisposed to domestic violence? In Shehan, D. (Ed.) Law Enforcement and Domestic Violence. Quantico, VA: Federal Bureau of Investigation.Aamodt, M.G. (2000). Legal status of affirmative action programs in law enforcement agencies. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Society for Police and Criminal Psychology, Canton, OH.