College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Women's & Gender Studies
- School of Communication
- Interdisciplinary Humanities Research Lab
- Department of English
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- SMART Lab
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
- Wicked Festival
Excellence in Policing Award
The Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research gives this award once a year to a current police executive who is a leader in their agency and in the policing profession, as well as has been a champion for implementation of innovative strategies that bring about change and improve policing.
2021 Recipient: Sheriff Michael Adkinson Jr., Walton County (FL)
Sheriff Adkinson is pictured here with Chief Deputy Donnie Clark. Drs. Roberto and Rachel Santos present the award virtually from Radford Unversity.
The following pictures are Sheriff Adkinson with the Walton County Sheriff's Office Command Staff, followed by Radford University ceremony attendees.
2020 Recipient: Chief Scott C. Booth, Danville, (VA) Police Department
Chief Booth is pictured here with Dr. Roberto Santos and Dr. Rachel Santos. The award was presented in November 2020 at the City of Danville's Municipal Building in the company of the mayor, city council members, police executive staff, and the media.
2019 Recipient: Colonel Nathaniel McQueen, Delaware State Police
Congratulations Colonel McQueen on your retirement from DSP. We are honored to have worked with you and wish you the best of luck in your new position as the Secretary of the Department of Safety and Homeland Security for the State of Delaware!
The award is sponsored by SmartForce®. Smartforce® Corporation is a public safety software company that streamlines day-to-day business practices and workflows to help public safety organizations make the world a safer place. Smartforce® specializes in crime prevention, risk management, and administrative management. They believe in continuous improvement, accountability, transparency, and productivity. By helping organizations work smarter rather than harder, public safety organizations can be their best for the communities they serve.