College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Women's & Gender Studies
- School of Communication
- Prelaw Advising
- Department of English
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Department Name
Overview of Programs
The Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies offers a major in which students may concentrate in either philosophy or religious studies. The philosophy concentration leading to either a B.A. or a B.S. degree consists of 33 hours; 27 hours of core courses in philosophy and 6 hours of program specific electives. See the Radford University catalog for further B.A. and B.S. requirements.
All Philosophy and Religious Studies majors complete the same core curriculum, regardless of concentration:
- RELN 112. Survey of World Religions
- PHIL 114. Introduction: The Origins of Western Philosophy
- PHIL 350. Philosophy of Religion
Please consult the Radford University catalog for area course requirements for students wishing to concentrate in philosophy.
Learn more about the benefits of a philosophy degree, career options for philosophy majors, and other philosophy resources.
Religious Studies Concentration
Please consult the Radford University catalog for area course requirements for students wishing to concentrate in religious studies.
Learn more about the benefits of a religous studies degree, career options for religious studies majors, and other religious studies resources.
The minor in philosophy consists of 18 semester hours of philosophy courses as outlined below:
- Two courses at the 100 level
- Four courses at the 200-400 level
Religious Studies Minor
The minor in religious studies consists of 18 hours of religious studies courses as outlined below:
- One course at the 100 level
- One course at the 200 level
- Four courses at the 300-400 level