College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Army ROTC
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Department of History
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Prelaw Advising
- School of Communication
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Department of English
- Department of Political Science
- Women's & Gender Studies
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
Welcome to the Interdisciplinary Studies Program at Radford University!
The Interdisciplinary Studies in Liberal Arts (IDSL) major at Radford University offers students the unique opportunity to build an individualized multi-disciplinary course of study, enabling students to integrate two academic disciplinary concentrations and realize their educational vision. Students are active and central designers of their customized major that transcends traditional academic programs. Through academic and career advising IDSL students bring together two areas of study. The IDSL program is unique in the equal importance assigned to academic advising and focused career path development.
Our program offers a flexible curriculum to diverse populations of students located across geographic areas, traditional-aged students looking ahead, and non-traditional students who bring a diverse set of experiences and knowledge to the program.
In collaboration with the IDSL program advisor, prospective students will create individualized plan of study and identify courses to meet their desired goals. The program is suited to students pursuing either the B.A. or B.S. degree.
We look forward to meeting you and helping you realize your educational and career path vision!