College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Women's & Gender Studies
- School of Communication
- Interdisciplinary Humanities Research Lab
- Department of English
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- SMART Lab
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
- Wicked Festival
The mission of the Interdisciplinary Humanities Research Lab is to engage students and faculty in addressing complex problems through humanities-informed interdisciplinary research, service, course work, exhibits, performances, and other programming.
- Creative problem solving requires a diversity of insights, experiences, backgrounds, and cultures.
- The complex problems facing society require interdisciplinary solutions.
- The humanities can be integrated into applied, and public-facing, approaches to problem solving.
- The methods and theories employed by the humanities provide important tools that help address complex problems.
Dr. Paul Thomas, Director
In addition to being the director of the Interdisciplinary Humanities Research Lab, Dr. Paul Thomas is professor of religious studies and chair of the Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies. A strong advocate for the humanities, Dr. Thomas was educated in an interdisciplinary Ph.D. program where he combined the disciplines of religious studies and history. His commitment to interdisciplinarity led him to direct the Interdisciplinary Studies in Liberal Arts Program (2015-2017) and has now led him to the directorship of the Interdisciplinary Humanities Research Lab.