College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
History alumnus publishes book
Philip W. Travis, Radford University history major and class of 2002, has published his first academic monograph, Reagan's War on Terrorism in Nicaragua: The Outlaw State.
Philip is an assistant professor of history at the State College of Florida in Bradenton. He earned his doctorate at Washington State University, and his research interests focus on U.S. International Relations, Latin America and World History. His book examines the Reagan administration's campaign against the Sandinista government of Nicaragua in the 1980s and looks at the precedents set that influenced the subsequent war on terror.