College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Women's & Gender Studies
- School of Communication
- Prelaw Advising
- Department of English
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Department Name
A digital history program is underway in the Department of History under the supervision of Dr. Sharon Roger Hepburn.
In an ongoing effort, student researchers are transcribing the records of the Botetourt County Courthouse. These historical records, which were deteriorating, will be preserved in digital form. The Botetourt Courthouse Project website showcases the work of the project.
This past spring, Dr. Hepburn mentored students in HIST 400, Digital History, on the production of a web site on the 102nd Regiment United States Colored Troops, which served in the American Civil War. Students researched medical records, letters, and other documents. They then transcribed materials and presented them on The 102nd United States Colored Troops web site.