College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Women's & Gender Studies
- School of Communication
- Prelaw Advising
- Department of English
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Department Name
Matt Oyos has published In Command, a study of Theodore Roosevelt's involvement with the American military. The book focuses on how Roosevelt played an instrumental role in building an American military for the 20th century.
A digital history program is underway in the Department of History with student researchers transcribing the records of the Botetourt County Courthouse and researching the 102nd United States Colored Troops during the Civil War. Check out their work in these ongoing projects.
For the 2017-2018 academic year, the Department of History picked Brock Barnes (History) and Stephanie Seitz (Social Science) for the Dean's Scholars awards.
Amanda Dean and Caitlyn Maloney win McConnell Library Winesett Awards.
Kaleb Cahoon, Nicholas Stephenson and Geoffrey White graduated with Honors in History.
Are you a history major interested in pursuing an internship experience?