College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Why Study French?
- It is an international language for diplomacy throughout the world.
- It is one of the 5 working languages of the United Nations.
- It is widely used in business transactions in Europe and Africa
- It is one of the two official languages of the Olympics
- It is used extensively by scientists in international scientific publications
- It is the official language of the International Postal Union
- And... it just sounds so gorgeous!
- FREN 100- Elementary French
- FREN 200- Intermediate French I
- FREN 210- Intermediate French II
- FREN 300- Readings in French
- FREN 320- Topics in French Cinema
- FREN 361- Advanced Grammar and Composition
- FREN 362- Advanced Readings
- FREN 451- Survey of French Literature
- FREN 460- Special Topics
- FREN 470- Masterpieces of French Literature
French Long Term Schedule (updated spring 2012)
|FALL 2012||FREN 100||FREN 210||FREN 362|
|SPRING 2013||FREN 200||FREN 300||FREN 320B|
|SUMMER 2013||FORL 109, 209, 309, 409||SUMMER STUDY||IN ANGERS, FRANCE|
|FALL 2013||FREN 100||FREN 210||FREN 361|
|SPRING 2014||FREN 200||FREN 300||FREN 320A|
||FORL 109, 209, 309, 409||SUMMER STUDY||IN ANGERS, FRANCE|
|FALL 2014||FREN 100||FREN 210||FREN 451|
|SPRING 2015||FREN 200||FREN 300||FREN 320B|
|FALL 2015||FREN 100||FREN 210||FREN 362|
This projection of course offerings is provided to students and their advisors to assist in schedule planning. Although the department will make every effort to offer courses as described herein, unforeseen circumstances may make an occasional modification necessary (for example, the unavailability of a qualified faculty member or the shortage of adjunct monies for our Critical Language Program).