College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Professional and Technical Writing Minor
The minor in Professional and Technical Writing is excellent preparation for students who are pursuing careers in a variety of fields, including business, government, nonprofit organizations, and information technology.
Courses in the minor help students to develop their ability to write clearly, concisely, and correctly; to address the needs of their audience; and to create various types of non-academic documents for both print and digital environments, such as proposals, grants, reports, brochures, instructions, website content, and blogs, to name a few.
The Professional and Technical Writing minor consists of four courses:
- ENGL 306 - Professional Writing (Spring Sophomore or Fall Junior year)
- ENGL 308 - Professional Writing Technologies (Sophomore or Junior year)
- ENGL 406 - Advanced Technical Writing (Spring only; Junior or Senior year)
- ENGL 407 - Technical Editing (Fall only; Junior or Senior year)
Students must take English 306 before English 406 or 407.
Students who are majoring in English can complete the concentration in Professional and Technical; both the minor and the concentration require the same four courses.
For more information about the program, contact Dr. Rick Van Noy at email@example.com.