College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Prelaw Advising
- Department of Political Science
- School of Communication
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Women's & Gender Studies
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Department of History
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of English
Dr. Laura Vernon
Laura Vernon is an associate professor of English in the professional and technical writing program. She received her doctorate in the Theory & Practice of Professional Communication at Utah State University (Logan, Utah) in 2013. In 1998, she earned a master’s degree in Professional Communication at Westminster College (Salt Lake City, Utah) shortly after graduating in 1994 from Brigham Young University (Provo, Utah) with a bachelor’s degree in Journalism.
At Radford University, Dr. Vernon teaches English 306: Professional Writing, English 407: Technical Editing, English 605: Teaching Professional Writing, English 608: Professional and Technical Writing, English 610: Proposal and Grant Writing, and other courses as assigned. She also coordinates with Dr. Amy Rubens the Graduate Certificate in Professional Writing program.
At Utah State University, she taught various communication courses in both the English Department and in the Electrical & Computer Engineering Department while completing her doctoral research in environmental rhetoric and strategic communication.
Before returning to school for her Ph.D., Dr. Vernon enjoyed a successful 12-year career as a professional communicator. Her background includes writing and editing, public and media relations, organizational and strategic communication, publication and project management, and document design and production in both print and digital formats.