College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Prelaw Advising
- Department of Political Science
- School of Communication
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Women's & Gender Studies
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Department of History
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of English
- SMART Lab
- Interdisciplinary Humanities Research Lab
Dr. Paige Horst
Paige Hayes Horst is an Assistant Professor and Coordinator of the English Education Program. She holds a Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction from Virginia Tech, specializing in English Education; and both an MA in Creative Writing and a BA in English from Hollins University. As English Education faculty, she primarily teaches the teacher preparation courses in both the English Department and the School of Teacher Education and Leadership. In this capacity, she also supervises student teachers and serves on Radford University’s Professional Education Committee.
An enthusiastic advocate for educators, she is active in the National Council of Teachers of English and the Virginia Association of Teachers of English. Dr. Horst is a frequent speaker at national, state, and international conferences, presenting scholarship on educational equity, educator advocacy, teacher education, and adolescent literacy.
Before coming to Radford University, she taught high school and middle school English Language Arts, developing curriculum for courses in grammar, composition, creative writing, and literature. A living example of the flexibility and utility of an English degree, she has not only taught a wide variety of students from preschool to graduate school but also experienced a diverse assortment of day jobs including; successful freelance editor and writer, copy editor, proofreader, dog groomer, book buyer for an independent bookstore, pony trainer, horseback riding instructor, and freelance dog trainer.
Outside the classroom she can most often be found reading, training her dogs, refinishing furniture, or screening extremely cheesy horror films.
More information: about.me/phorst