College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Dr. Paige Horst
Paige Hayes Horst received her Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction from Virginia Tech, specializing in English Education. She received her MA and BA from Hollins University, with a concentration in Creative Writing. As Visiting Assistant Professor in the English Education program, she teaches courses for future teachers, including The Study of Adolescent Literature, Teaching Writing, and Grammar and Language for Teachers. Additionally, she supervises teacher candidates in their student teaching experiences.
Before coming to Radford University, she taught secondary English Language Arts in Blacksburg area schools, including grammar, composition, creative writing, and literature courses. Over the course of her career, she has taught a wide variety of students from preschool to graduate school, and experienced a diverse assortment of day jobs, including; successful freelance editor and writer (ongoing), dog groomer, book buyer for an independent bookstore, and freelance dog trainer.
When not teaching someone something, somewhere, she can be found reading, contemplating pop culture and the media, spending time with family, enjoying her menagerie of animals, or writing poetry.
More information: about.me/phorst