College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Army ROTC
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Department of History
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Prelaw Advising
- School of Communication
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Department of English
- Department of Political Science
- Women's & Gender Studies
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
- SMART Lab
- Interdisciplinary Humanities Research Lab
Health Humanities at Radford University
The health humanities is the interdisciplinary study of the lived experience of illness, caretaking, and disability. It is a vibrant, thriving discipline that engages students and professionals both within and outside of the health sciences and at all levels of study. The health humanities enables all individuals, regardless of career interest, to develop widely applicable skills and habits of mind.
Radford's Health Humanities minor is especially designed to help undergraduate students become more aware, empathetic, and justice-minded in their professional and personal lives. Read more about the Health Humanities minor and the other ways the health humanities is taking shape at Radford.
Undergraduate Minor in the Health Humanities
The health humanities minor enables all Radford undergraduate students, no matter their campus of enrollment or desired career path, to study the lived experience of illness, medicine, disability, and caretaking.
Pathway for the "E" Area in REAL
The Health Humanities minor fulfills the "E" Area ("Humanistic and Artistic Expression") of the REAL General Education Curriculum. Learn more about the academic requirements of the Health Humanities below:
- REAL Track 1 of the Health Humanities Minor: All students except for pre-nursing and nursing majors.
- REAL Track 2 of the Health Humanities Minor: Pre-nursing and nursing majors, as well as other majors that require an extensive clinical and/or professional placement.
Pathway Prior to REAL
Undergraduates who are not participating in the REAL General Education Curriculum also can pursue the health humanities minor. (Typically, these students began their studies at Radford during academic year 2020-2021.) Learn learn more about the requirements of the health humanities minor prior to REAL.