College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Dr. Lucy Edwards Hochstein
Professor of Criminal Justice
- Ph.D., Washington State University
- M.A., Washington State University
- B.A., Seattle University
Dr. Hochstein joined the Radford University faculty in 2000.
Dr. Hochstein's research interests include elder abuse, identity theft, evaluation research, cooperative community programs between criminal justice agencies and non-profit organizations, and collaborative domestic violence programming.
Recent Professional Activities
Dr. Hochstein has conducted extensive research on domestic violence programming and interdisciplinary elder abuse initiatives.
Recent publications include:
- "Screening out Criminal Offenders: An Evaluation of Crime-Free Multi-Family Housing in Tacoma," with Quint C. Thurman, in Contemporary Policing: Controversies, Challenges, and Solutions (2004, Roxbury Publishing, edited by Quint C. Thurman and Jihong Zhao);
- "The Social Worker in the Criminal Justice System: Community or System Advocate?", appearing in Law Enforcement Executive Forum (2003, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 23-37);
- “Policing Coordinated Domestic Violence Victims Services in a Rural Northwest County,” with Quint Thurman, in Police Quarterly (2006, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 448-462);
- “Problem Solving and Crime Prevention,” with Quint Thurman, in Police Problem Solving (2004, edited by Quint Thurman and JD Jamison).