College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Women's & Gender Studies
- School of Communication
- Interdisciplinary Humanities Research Lab
- Department of English
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- SMART Lab
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
- Wicked Festival
Criminal Justice Minor
For Catalog Years 2021-2022 and later
The Criminal Justice minor provides students with the background for understanding crime, its causes, portions of the criminal justice system and their responses to crime, as well as researching crime.
The Criminal Justice minor fulfills A and L areas of the REAL Curriculum. Students need majors and/or minors to fulfill the R and E areas to complete the REAL Curriculum requirements.
General Education Requirements
General Education courses will be denoted below with a (GE). Students are required to take at least 30 credit hours of general education designated courses within their degree requirements. The Criminal Justice minor includes 6 general education credits.
Minor Requirements (18 credits)
Required Courses (15 credits)
Choose one of the following:
Additional Degree Requirements
In order to complete a minor in criminal justice, students must successfully complete the following classes with a grade of “C” or higher.
Total Credits Needed for Minor 18
For Catalog Years 2020-2021 and prior
Students may complete a minor in criminal justice. In order to minor in criminal justice, students must do the following:
- Complete a total of 18 hours in criminal justice (CRJU prefix) coursework;
- 12-18 credit hours must be taken from the list of required courses for the major; and
- 0-6 credit hours may be taken from other courses with a CRJU prefix.
- Criminal justice minors must earn a letter grade of "C" or higher in all courses with a CRJU prefix.