College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Women's & Gender Studies
- School of Communication
- Interdisciplinary Humanities Research Lab
- Department of English
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- SMART Lab
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
- Wicked Initiatives
Facilities and Activities
The Department of Criminal Justice utilizes several specialized spaces on campus and numerous activities to encourage student learning.
- Courtroom Classroom - this space houses a mock courtroom with judge's bench, witness stand, prosecution and defense tables, and jury box. Technology in the room includes display monitors for presenting evidence and cameras to monitor/record activities in the courtroom for evaluation and presentation after mock trials are completed. See picture below.
- Emergency Operations Center (EOC) - “The space allows us to teach emergency management and crisis management classes in an environment that replicates an actual EOC,” Former Department Chair Steve Owen said. “We also hope to facilitate training opportunities for the professional emergency management and first response communities. The space was also designed to have the potential to serve as a backup EOC for an actual incident, if needed.”
- Forensic Lab Classroom - this space allows students hands on activities to prepare for careers after graduation. Students are able to complete a mock crime scene, from securing to photographing to evidence collection, and analyze the evidence recovered. The space includes equipment to conduct fingerprinting, view hairs and fibers under a microscope, recover footwear or tire impressions, and much more. See pictures below.
- Deer Decoy - Local media coverage of the deer decoy.
- Dispatch Simulator - University Relations coverage of students using the simulator.
- Use of Force Simulator - Local media coverage of students using the simulator.
- Mock Crime Scene - Local media coverage of students working a mock crime scene.
- Virginia Department of Fire Programs Burn Trailer - Local media coverage of students using the trailer.