College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Women's & Gender Studies
- School of Communication
- Interdisciplinary Humanities Research Lab
- Department of English
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- SMART Lab
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
- Wicked Festival
News and Events
Department of Criminal Justice News
Radford University’s Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research presented its 2021 Excellence in Policing Award to Walton County, Florida, Sheriff Michael Adkinson Jr. during a ceremony held in the university’s Hemphill Hall on April 7, 2022.
Criminal Justice instructor Todd Jones ‘88, M.S. ’94 teaches students enrolled in his spring semester fire and arson investigation course about what to look for when investigating a fire. His students put those skills to practical use recently inside a mobile burn trailer owned by the Virginia Department of Fire Programs.
Highlighting notable mentions of Radford University faculty and students from local, regional, national and international news outlets.
Chief Scott C. Booth of the Danville Police Department is the Radford University Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research’s 2020 Excellence in Policing award recipient. The annual award is given to a current sworn police officer, supervisor, commander or executive who is a leader in his or her agency and has been a champion for implementing innovative strategies that bring about change and improve policing.
Radford University has named Professor of Criminal Justice Nicole Hendrix, Ph.D. as Executive Director of General Education effective May 1, 2020. In this capacity, she will lead the general education efforts, oversee its ongoing integration into undergraduate degree programs at Radford University and serve as a member of the Academic Affairs Leadership Team.
Department of Criminal Justice Announcements