College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Women's & Gender Studies
- School of Communication
- Interdisciplinary Humanities Research Lab
- Department of English
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- SMART Lab
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
- Wicked Festival
Congratulations to David Betancourt '02 - "Marvelous!"
Last week marked two decades since a pair of momentous occasions shook up the life of David Betancourt ’02 almost as fast as a radioactive spider bite.
The first was that he graduated from Radford University.
The second? He went to see the 2002 blockbuster “Spider-Man,” in which mild-mannered student Peter Parker is transformed into the web-slinging, wall-crawling Marvel Comics hero after he’s chomped upon by an irradiated arachnid.
“I was supposed to be a sports writer. But then ‘Spider-Man’ happened,” Betancourt recently wrote of the film. “I walked out not only convinced that I’d seen one of the greatest contributions to comic book culture, but also with a determination to somehow one day be a part of it.”
Read More about David here: "Marvel"-ous' Memories