College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Army ROTC
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Department of History
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Prelaw Advising
- School of Communication
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Department of English
- Department of Political Science
- Women's & Gender Studies
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
Thank you for visiting the School of Communication’s website. We welcome current and prospective students, alumni and friends of the School and it’s former departments, as well as faculty and staff of the University.
The School was formed in 2008 through the merger of the former media studies and communication departments, and we continue to offer our students two undergraduate majors with five concentrations, a graduate program, and several undergraduate minors. Currently we have over 500 undergraduate majors and more than 20 full- and part-time graduate students.
Our faculty members bring to our students a mixture of academic and professional hands-on experience that allows our programs to provide both theoretical underpinnings as well as career-enhancing skills. As do all programs at Radford University, we focus on student learning and engagement – with the academic discipline, the profession and the community-at-large. Our courses require a mixture of individual effort and team-based projects, preparing students to excel in a variety of communication fields.
If you are a prospective or current student you will find information about all of our concentrations listed under our Academics tab, with specific information about concentration check sheets under the Advising tab. Alumni and friends will find PDF versions of our most recent SOC Talk newsletters, as well as information about our Alumni Advisory Board and ways to contribute to the School under our Alumni tab.
Please also click on our Facebook, Twitter and YouTube icons to learn more about what our students, and the School in general have been up to.
We all look forward in providing more information about our School and our various disciplines, so feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
Lisa Baker-Webster, Ph.D.
Interim Director and Associate Professor