College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Prelaw Advising
- Department of Political Science
- School of Communication
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Women's & Gender Studies
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Department of History
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of English
School of Communication Equipment Office
The School of Communication operates an Equipment Check-Out in the CHBS Building, Room 1004. A student wishing to checkout audio/visual equipment from the School of Communication (hereafter “School”) must be a major in the School or be actively enrolled in a School class that requires use of the equipment. Each student must sign a contract before they will be allowed to check out School A/V equipment. The equipment room is staffed by work study students who can check out media equipment, give brief tutorials on the equipment and monitor the studios and editing rooms on the first floor of the CHBS Building.
The office is open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 am to 8:00pm and on Friday from 8:00am to 5:00 pm. Weekend equipment checkout begins at 4:00 pm on Thursday-all equipment needs to be returned by 8:00 am the following Monday. There is a fine structure in place for late or damaged equipment.
Reservations for equipment can be made in advance by calling 540-831-6035 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more detailed equipment training or for troubleshooting, contact Jeremy Jennings. Jeremy is a graduate of the School of Communication, and is the IT and Equipment Liason for the CHBS Building. Jeremy's office is Room 1011 of the CHBS Building.
Follow this link to view desktop procedures for checking out equpment from the School of Communication and the Equipment Checkout Contract: Desktop Procedure