College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Women's & Gender Studies
- School of Communication
- Interdisciplinary Humanities Research Lab
- Department of English
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- SMART Lab
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
- Wicked Festival
School of Communication Equipment Office
Equipment Checkout office is now open.
Follow this link to view desktop procedures for checking out equipment from the School of Communication and the Equipment Checkout Contract: Desktop Procedure
A student wishing to checkout audio/visual equipment from the School of Communication (hereafter “School”) must be a major in the School or be actively enrolled in a School class that requires use of the equipment. Students checking out equipment must read the desktop procedure document prior to signing their contract. Each student must sign a contract before they will be allowed to check out School A/V equipment. Equipment can only be checked out in 4 hour intervals.
The equipment room is staffed by work study students who can check out media equipment, give brief tutorials on the equipment and monitor the studios and editing rooms on the first floor of the CHBS Building.
Reservations for equipment can be made in advance by calling 540-831-6035 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more detailed equipment training or for troubleshooting, contact Jeremy Jennings. Jeremy is a graduate of the School of Communication, and is the IT and Equipment Liason for Hemphill Hall. Contact Jeremy through email or phone: email@example.com or 831-6143
Check -Out Office Hours (these hours may vary)
Monday- 8:00 am to 8:00pm Thursday-8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Tuesday- 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Friday -8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Wednesday- 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
We are now allowing weekend equipment checkout. However, equipment can not be picked up until 4:00 pm on Friday, and must be returned at 8:00 am on Monday. Equipment can also be checked out overnight Monday through Thursday. It can be picked up at 6:00 pm and needs to be returned by 8:00 am the next day. There is a fine structure in place for late or damaged equipment.