College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Army ROTC
- Women's & Gender Studies
- School of Communication
- Interdisciplinary Humanities Research Lab
- Department of English
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Department of Criminal Justice
- Foreign Languages and Literatures
- SMART Lab
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Center for Police Practice, Policy and Research
- Wicked Festival
About the School
The School of Communication will serve the local region, the Commonwealth of Virginia, and the nation by educating students through a liberal arts curriculum that prepares them for a range of careers in the field of Communication. We strive to develop ethical communication professionals who think critically and communicate effectively in a variety of contexts using the latest technologies. The School promotes excellence in teaching, learning, service, research, and creative works within and across academic and industry disciplines at undergraduate and graduate levels. A cornerstone of preparing students to communicate ethically and responsibly is the concept of free expression and valuing diversity of cultures, beliefs, and thought.
Students in the School of Communication: 300
Students in the Graduate Program: 25
Faculty and Staff: 19
Current Alumni: 2,078
The College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences building opened its doors in 2016. On June 15th 2021 the building was renamed Hemphill Hall in honor of the 7th president of Radford University-Dr. Brian O. Hemphill. The School offices are on the 2nd floor, and the studios, editing labs, etc. are on the 1st floor, Main Street side of the building.
The world of communication is exciting and ever-changing. Here at Radford University’s School of Communication, we’re part of that fast-paced change. Our outstanding faculty brings the latest real world practices into the classroom along with current research and theoretical learning. The result is a rigorous academic program that prepares students for a career in the expanding and amazingly diverse communication field.
The school offers five undergraduate concentrations and a graduate degree in Strategic Communication.
The School's faculty are outstanding teachers, scholars and media professionals. The School's facilities include state-of-the-art television, digital and audio studios and a spacious Macintosh computer laboratory.