College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Meet Our Faculty
We teach majors in our various disciplines, but we are also the majority of professors who will teach you the basics of a liberal arts education in the REAL curriculum.
Due to Radford’s low student-teacher ratio, we are able to know you individually and nurture your academic growth during your time at Radford. Besides seeing you in the classroom, we invite you to come to our offices for further exploration of class topics or just to chat.
How We Help
- We will lead you to McConnell Library to explore relevant databases and collections related to your studies.
- We will work with you in psychology labs or out in the field to develop collaborative research that can often lead to presentations at professional conferences or publication.
- We will work one-on-one with you to develop your expertise in writing and to overcome any trepidation you have about speaking in public and we will enhance your experience with technology as we move you from social networking to uses of technology in and out of the classroom.
- We also are here to promote many extracurricular activities and service learning opportunities for you. For example, the women’s studies program sponsors a very active women’s history month in March of each year; students in the Sociology Department have partnered with the Boys and Girls Clubs of Southwest Virginia to develop a wall of fame for successful alums. The School of Communication and the English Department offer students writing and publishing experience through involvement on the Tartan, the campus newspaper, Whim, the on-line campus magazine, and Exit 109, the literary and arts journal. Also, the History Department fosters the opportunity for original research at the Marshall Library in Lexington, Va. These are just a sampling of activities we sponsor that will enhance your education and career possibilities.