College of Education and Human Development
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
What it is…
I’m Determined is a state directed project funded by the Virginia Department of Education, which focuses on providing direct instruction, models, and opportunities to practice skills associated with self-determined behavior beginning at the elementary level and continuing through a student’s educational career. The self-determined student knows how to set and achieve goals and has a greater understanding of personal strengths and how to get support for areas of need.
How to participate…
The I’m Determined project supports educators and families in their efforts to increase student self-determination skills to improve school performance and post-school outcomes. Resources developed through the project and housed on the I’m Determined website include modules, videos, lesson plans, student materials and other tools. TTAC coordinators provide technical assistance to schools and school districts to support self-determination efforts.
The I’m Determined Youth Summit provides an opportunity for students with disabilities across the state to converge to further develop leadership and self-determination skills. The project supports more than 100 students and families to attend the annual statewide event.
Ways to learn more…