College of Education and Human Development
- Davis College of Business and Education
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
What is the Family Engagement Network?
The purpose of Virginia’s Family Engagement Network is to foster family engagement in education, especially for children with disabilities. The network assists in developing and implementing activities that:
- Encourage schools and families to recognize the importance of family engagement,
- Foster family engagement in the education process, and
- Facilitate and promote collaboration among the Virginia Department of Educations, TTACs and Parent Resource Centers, as well as other agencies and organizations interested in promoting family engagement.
How do we provide support for families and family engagement?
The TTAC at Radford University is actively involved with the Family Engagement Network and regional efforts to support family engagement, including through collaboration with regional Parent Resource Centers and other partners.
The TTAC at Virginia Tech houses an extensive lending library, with books, videos, computer software, assistive technology and augmentative communication devices available for loan.
Ways to learn more about resources for families and supporting family engagement…
- Visit these websites, resources for families:
- Virginia Department of Education – Special Education Resources for Parents
- Virginia Family Special Education Connection
- Parent Organizer With Educational Resources (POWER)
- I’m Determined – Virginia’s Self-Determination Project – Resources for Parents
- Parent Educational Advocacy Training Center
- Center for Family Involvement
- Explore other resources, including:
- I Have a Question… What Parents and Caregivers Can Ask and Do to Help Children Thrive at School: The Parent Checklist
- Steps to Success: Communication with Your Child’s School