College of Education and Human Development
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
TTAC at Radford University
VDOE’s state-wide projects with Training & Technical Assistance Centers (TTACs) provide professional development and support designed to assist schools in addressing accountability and improvement goals for students with disabilities.
Factors that encourage successful outcomes of students with disabilities include:
- The school leadership and staff have high expectations of all students and embrace inclusion of students with disabilities in all school-related activities.
- There is collaboration among individualized education program (IEP) team members to develop as well as implement meaningful IEPs.
- The curriculum is aligned with state learning standards and the aligned curriculum is taught in all settings.
- There is collaboration among special and general education teachers in planning and delivering research-based, effective, and differentiated instruction.
- Students use appropriate assistive technology.
- Positive behavior supports are incorporated in a school-wide approach to discipline.
The TTAC at Radford University serves public schools, teachers, students and parents of Southwest Virginia through assistance that brings about systematic change in the way schools serve children and youth. TTAC services are provided primarily through embedded professional development.
|Region 6 Schools||Region 7 Schools|
The TTAC at Radford University works collaboratively with other centers and organizations across the state of Virginia.
The TTACs at Virginia Tech and Radford University share a special partnership, working together to serve the needs of Superintendents’ Regions 6 and 7.
Regions 1 and 8
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
Regions 2 and 3
Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA
The College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA
George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA
Regions 6 and 7
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA