For licensure only, you should apply through Undergraduate Admissions as a “non-degree seeking initial licensure” student.  Once you get your admissions letter, you should contact your advisor, Dr. Wendy Eckenrod-Green, who will assist you in registration.  Under this label, you are still eligible for financial aid by filling out a non-degree seeking student certification for teacher certification form (PDF) once you are admitted and submit to the Financial Aid Office.

Benefits to pursuing licensure only

There are really two advantages to the undergraduate route:

  1. You will pay the less expensive undergraduate tuition rates because you will be taking all undergraduate level courses.
  2. If you have an incoming GPA of less than 3.0 (which would prevent you from coming in the graduate route).  If you come in undergraduate with a GPA lower than 3.0, you could always switch over to the graduate route once you get your GPA raised.

Benefits to pursuing degree plus licensure

If you choose to pursue a degree plus licensure you may apply for a graduate assistantship worth up to $10,000 in an academic year and most undergraduate courses are offered primarily during the day, rather than in evening hours.

Find out what courses are needed for just licensure in the following areas:

The transcript review form is on the last page of each of the documents.  Looking at your transcripts of past coursework, you can determine what content area courses you might still need to take to get licensure, in addition to the needed education coursework.

Deaf and Hard of Hearing Licensure (Grant Program)

  • Hearing Impairment PreK-12 - For unendorsed teachers currently serving as teachers of deaf and hard of hearing students or professionals wishing to add on endorsement in hearing impairment.

Licensure Only (No Master's Degree)

  • Elementary, middle, or secondary English
  • Secondary sciences
  • Secondary math
  • Secondary social studies